The green verified badge on Toke With lets people know that an account of public interest is authentic.
We approve account types maintained by users in cannabis, music, acting, fashion, government, politics, religion, journalism, media, sports, business, and other key interest areas. If you believe your account is of public interest and should be verified, this article outlines information about submitting a request.
Submitting a request
To be able to complete the request, your account must have the following:
- A verified phone number
- A confirmed email address
- Note: If the account is a company or organization account, the email address associated with the account should be a company or organization email address.
- A bio (file name must be “@username_bio”)
- A profile photo (file name must be “@username_profile_photo”)
- A header photo (file name must be “@username_header_photo”)
- A website
- Not set a private account
Attachments must be sent with a strict naming convention or they will not be reviewed. All supplemental materials should saved in the following format:
For requests to verify individual accounts (that do not represent a company or organization), we require a copy of your official government-issued photo identification (e.g. passport or driver’s license) in order to confirm your request. Information used for this purpose will be deleted.
Profile and account recommendations
Some common characteristics of verified accounts include:
- If the account belongs to a person, the name reflects the real or stage name of the person.
- If the account is a corporation or company account, the name reflects the real name of the corporation or company.
- The profile and/or header photo reflects the person, the corporation’s branding, or the company’s branding.
- The bio specifies an area of expertise and/or a company mission.
When submitting a request to verify an account, we ask for additional information that can help us evaluate it. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- We’ll ask you to tell us why we should verify an account. If the account represents a person, we want to understand their impact in their field. If it represents a corporation or company, let us know their mission.
- When providing URLs to support your request, choose sites that help express the account holder’s newsworthiness or relevancy in their field.
Submit a request to verify an account
You can submit a request to verify an account by submitting ALL of the above materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll respond to your request via email. Note: It may take up to 30 business days to process a request to verify.
If your request is denied, you can submit another request for the same account 30 days after receiving the email from us. If you received a response from us requesting edits to your account and/or additional information, you can submit another request any time after completing the steps outlined in our response.
If you’ve submitted a request and have not yet received an email from us, we may be having trouble delivering it.